Audience Classification

1) Post the details from your in-class psychographics presentation to your blog with all details of the couple you created and their media consumption (it needs to be on your blog individually but can be a duplicate of your partner's post).

Structure

The psychographic group you are researching: Aspirers

Introduce your example couple that represents your group:

1) Make up their names: 
Natalie and Nathan

2) Where do they work/study?
Nathan is a salesman
Natalie works in design

3) What do they do in their spare time?
Natalie goes shopping in Central London
Nathan plays golf

Now suggest their media consumption:

Print: What newspapers/magazines does your group read (if any)? Is this on paper or tablet?
They read the Sun (online)
Natalie reads women's' lifestyle magazines
Nathan reads sports magazines  

Broadcast: What TV programmes/channels do your group watch? Radio stations? TV package – Freeview or Sky? Films?
They have a Sky package
Natalie watches Love Island

Online: What technology do they own? What websites do they visit (if any)? What social media do they use?
Apple ecosystem - iPhones and Nathan owns a Mac

2) Reflect on what you have learned about psychographics. Which psychographic group do you feel best fits YOUR lifestyle and personality? Explain how and why you made your decision and provide evidence justifying this.

In my opinion, the psychographic group that fits my lifestyle and personality best would most likely be the Reformer. This is because reformers have social awareness and judgement that is independent of mainstream opinions and influences, and are more curious about newer brands and emerging industries. Unfortunately, I am also mostly intolerant of bad taste, however, I feel like my definition of "bad taste" could differ from other people in the Reformer group. In addition, while I am not in higher education yet, I have the ability to be and have been raised by parents who went through higher education, which could possibly account for my taste in media products and brands. 

I also believe there could be a case made for me fitting into the Explorer group due to my general openness for new experiences and products if I think they will be worth trying out, however it is important to note that this is mostly caused by me just being 16 years old. I believe if I was older I would completely fit into the Reformer psychographic group.

Comments

Popular Posts