Blog feedback and learner response

LR: Create a blogpost on your Media 1 Exam blog called ‘Blog feedback and learner response’, copy the feedback in and then complete the following learner response.

Full Name

First blog task - 10 Questions

Media Consumption Audit

Semiotics blog tasks

MIGRAIN Reading an Image

Folder check

Reception theory



SIDHU, Tejal


WWW: Wow – your blog is absolutely glorious. I’m so impressed with the start you’ve made in Media! Considering you did not study GCSE Media, the way you are engaging with media terminology and theory already tells me that you should absolutely be aiming for that A* grade. There’s so much I could comment on here – your discussion of the Barbie movie as a marketing case study and the return of ‘event cinema’ through to your negotiated reading of the 50 Cent RBK advert which applies Hall’s theory to perfection. You are already consuming a brilliant range of media and you are aware of how you can develop this further. Quite simply: keep up the good work!

EBI: In terms of the ‘red’ folder check, that’s simply because you were absent for the lesson I did those checks in class. Just bring your folder to the next lesson and we’ll get it sorted. Aside from that, it’s genuinely difficult to find fault or identify ways to improve the work you’ve done so far. You are using media terminology and theory from both sides of the course superbly so keep that going and let’s put some time into researching study abroad options, media/animation based work experience and anything else that will help you realise those ambitions over the next 18 months.

Reflect on your work in A Level Media so far. What is your strongest piece of work? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

Overall, I think that my work in A Level Media is very good, with my strongest piece of work being my work on Hall's reception theory and my weakest piece of work maybe being my Semiotics post. Over the rest of the course I would like to develop more knowledge about media theory.

Comments

Popular Posts