My Media Consumption

Newspapers

Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?  
The Guardian

What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
World news and pop culture because I care about those

What sections do you never read, and why?
Sports. I don't care

What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
I just read anything.

Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
I do not pay for anything

Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
I visit the Guardian newspaper because it's free to read. 

Magazines

What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly? Why/why not?
I do not buy any magazines. 

What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I do not read any magazines.

Television

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
3 hours

What device do you use to watch television?
My laptop or my TV

What times of day do you usually watch television?
Either early morning during breakfast or in the late evening.

What programmes do you like best and why?
I like dramas but also will just watch anything that is on
    
Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I watch with others and we usually decide together to start a new TV show.  

Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
Sometimes I watch live TV but most of the time it is just watching whole seasons on my laptop. 

Radio

Do you listen to the radio?
No

If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
I don't listen to radio

Do you listen to podcasts?
Sometimes

If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
Talking Sopranos with Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa. 
I listened to other story-based podcasts a year ago but I do not do well with media that involves only listening...Sad!

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
Maybe 1

What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
Afternoon

Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
At home or on the way to school

What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
Studying or drawing/painting

Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
They do not

Film

What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse, Barbie, Jawan

What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
Last Night in Soho, Black Swan, Coraline, The World's End, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Who else watched the films with you?
My friends :)

Who decided what films to watch?
We decide together

What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
My laptop

Online

How often do you access the internet?
Every single day

Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
On my phone at home and while studying, at school to do work or revise, commuting to listen to music

What are the main sites that you access?
Social media like Instagram or Discord, and reference sites for art

What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
To communicate with friends, for information, to learn from

What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
I use my phone and my laptop

What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
I use Instagram mainly to communicate with my friends, I use Discord solely for communication, I use Twitter for art and to be informed about the world

Final section: reflection

How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
By exploring more media beyond film and TV.

What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I will try to read a larger variety of news stories and listen to radio stations/podcasts more. 

List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
Magazines, radio and newspapers. 

Comments

Popular Posts